Monday 22 July 2019

Aleena's Speech Judging sheet.

Speech Judging Sheet 

Aleena    Topic: why we should not share food at school.                    
                    
Category
Main Points

Self Assessment
Low                                         High
1           2 3           4 5
Structure

  
My speech was organised logically into paragraphs, with an effective introduction and a conclusion.
3

Delivery

  
I used some gestures, stood still and made eye contact with my audience.

My voice was clear and loud.  I didn’t speak too quickly or too slowly.


I think I need to do more gestures and more eye contact so I will give myself 2. 
Content 
  
My speech had a message and was original, interesting and relevant to the audience.

3
Language

I used ‘powerful’ words in my speech.  I also included some language features (eg repetition, alliteration, similes etc)

I didn’t use any of these so I think I’m 1.
Time

My speech was between 2 ½ and 3 ½ minutes long.
1



Next time I need to …
Have more expression, more ideas and speak loudly.

Teacher Comment 
  • Good persuasive language eg ‘in my opinion’
  • You had some clever ideas especially about vegetarians and being allergic to food.
  • You had a little delay in you delivery however you recovered well and just continued with your speech. Well done for not letting this delay distract you too much.
  • Try and include more expression next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment